Monday, March 31, 2014

All you had to do was ask

Asking the Universe for a response is  an open-ended question.
It can  be a  listless participation
in an exotic process, however so  familiar
When I  stop and listen to the beat.

But  an unsettling feeling emerges that the Universe has answered prayer to
A song my soul has extended in secret between the shadows.
Between the dark and the light,
Between here and there.

It feels unsettling because I asked and it was answered.
My heart asked what my brain could not formulate
 into words for my mouth to proceed engagement from sound
 to speak forth this need that yearned from deep in me.

There is an  overwhelming feeling at last that there is no need to escape
There is no need to perfect, adjust, substitute or replace.

It is sublime that I feel as though I have finally arrived,
but I wonder if half of the excitement
just came from the chase.
All of the unanswered questions within me are now gone and I feel a little empty,
like a vessel that has quenched the thirst of many awaiting a new purpose.

It is a conscious not knowing,
and a subconscious  knowing
I am  asking: who is awake
Reality beseeches me to ponder longingly for a familiar comfort:
 Which one of me wants to be asleep

Then  humor steps in,
always saving the day with wit and folly over an accidental delay.
My  thoughts complete this experience
Where habit brings me to the masterful  list of what should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment